Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Three Links to Lighting


Obviously learning to light is crucial for any filmmaker. The following links have some decent tutorials and tips... and yes, the information is free (though some try to up-sell you to their other products... which is fine if you're looking for the stuff).



Wow! What can I say... this guy really has some great tutorials and tips on lighting (and more). This site is especially useful for lighting interviews. His name is Nino, check out his page for some great info... EFPLighting.com (** recently changed from free to $50/year **).

The gentleman over at Blue Sky Media is hocking his tutorials on DVD or something but he also gives some good free info which is quite nice of him... Blue Sky Media lighting tutorials

Of course, every suburban-indie-filmmaker with a couple of bucks in his pocket knows of Lowel... but did you know that they have a few free tutorials on their site? Take a peek... Lowel lighting tutorials

Here is a nice long read for you theory-heads out there. The fine gentleman (Richard I believe his name to be) over at Itchy Animation lays it out for all to comprehend.

2 comments:

Walter Graff said...

Actually, I am that gentleman at bluesky-web.com you refer to in a link. I have a page with over 30 articles for folks to read on production technique that is all free. I am not trying to 'hock' my videos, by asking anything of readers. The articles remain free. And I do sell videos too. My videos sell quite well in 30 countries and don't need any 'hocking'.

sob said...

Agreed Walter. You've got the skills... and I appreciate a person that follows up on trackbacks.

To me, hocking is a general term for selling. Don't take offense, cuz I love you with linkage.